- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 6 cups apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Juice of half a lemon
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9-inch pie dish with butter or oil.
- Peel, core, and thinly slice the apples. Place the apple slices in a bowl and sprinkle them with lemon juice. Add the cinnamon and 1 tablespoon of sugar, and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, ½ cup of sugar, and salt. Add the egg and softened butter, and mix until a smooth dough forms.
- Roll out two-thirds of the dough on a floured surface. Place the dough in the prepared pie dish and press it up the sides of the dish.
- Pour the apple mixture into the pie dish, and spread it evenly.
- Roll out the remaining dough and cut it into strips or shapes. Arrange the strips or shapes in a lattice pattern over the apple mixture.
- Bake the pie in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let the pie cool slightly, then dust it with powdered sugar.
Enjoy your delicious homemade apple pie!