This is how I walked through the installation process. Here are the links I followed:
- Start with https://docs.bitnami.com/aws/get-started-lightsail/ and attach static IP at https://lightsail.aws.amazon.com/ls/webapp/home/networking
- To login at WordPress, the user is “user”
- Update plug-ins and WordPress
- Create snapshot just to be safe
- Get key at https://lightsail.aws.amazon.com/ls/webapp/account/keys/ls/webapp/home/networking and restart server
- Configuration of WordPress: https://docs.bitnami.com/general/apps/wordpress-multisite/configuration/configure-wordpress-multisite/ Using more than one top level domain; I also had to edit the wp-config.php file to fix cookie issues.
- Add SSL Encryption https://aws.amazon.com/premiumsupport/knowledge-center/linux-lightsail-ssl-bitnami/
- HTTP to HTTPS redirections did not work, so installed Really Simple SSL https://wordpress.org/plugins/really-simple-ssl/
- Install SMTP mail: https://wpmailsmtp.com/docs/how-to-set-up-the-gmail-mailer-in-wp-mail-smtp/
The location of the .htaccess file is /opt/bitnami/apache/conf/vhosts/htaccess/wordpress-htaccess.conf.
Location of Logfiles: /opt/bitnami/apache/logs